Tuesday, October 6, 2009

KA is CACA

I'm finally getting around to reviewing the elements from our Vegas trip. First up. KA by Cirque du Soleil.

I had high expectations for this show. After watching the trailer online (see youtube video) and hearing some great word of mouth reviews I thought I would leave this show amazed and mind blown.  Sadly, this was not the case.  KA is an over-the-top spectacle which lacks any sort of heart, passion or energy. This show proves that a production can not survive on technology alone.  Yes the massive stage is amazing and the moving sets are at times jaw dropping, but other than that, KA has not much else to offer.  The "story" isn't a story at all, the acrobatics are done better in every other Cirque show I've seen and the overall flow of KA is lagging. I think Cirque has run it's course and KA is proof of that.  When in Vegas I wouldn't spend a single cent on this show, take your money elsewhere....Phantom and Jersey Boys...a real theatrical experience.


2 comments:

Janice said...

Very interesting !

Fancy said...

Or not very interesting...the show that is.